THE OFFICIAL RULES
Subject to applicable laws, these Official Rules govern all aspects of and bind all eligible persons in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited.
1. In the event that, for any reason, the Station is unable to award the whole, or any part, of any Prize in the Contest, the Station has the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, or, at the Station's sole discretion, the cash value of any Prize or part of any Prize. If for any reason the Game does not take place, the Station shall furnish each Prize winner with a Prize of equal or greater value than that of the original Prize.
2. Any Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred to another person, exchanged for money, or exchanged in whole or in part for cash, subject to any rights of the Station as set out in these Official Rules.
3. Entrants will not be individually contacted, except for selected entrants or declared winners, who will be contacted by telephone.
4. Any cost or expense (including, without limitation, any applicable taxes) which is incurred by a winner or potential winner of a Prize, whether in claiming or using a Prize or any part of a Prize or otherwise, and which is not expressly included in the description of the Prize in Rule 4 above, is the sole responsibility of the winner or potential winner of the Prize.
5. The eligibility of all potential Prize winners is subject to verification by the Station. All decisions made by the Station or by a broadcaster for the Station in respect of any matter involved in the Contest will be final and binding upon all persons, and no such decision is subject to appeal.
6. The Station reserves the right to determine how a Prize will be presented to a Prize winner and every Prize winner agrees to cooperate in full in, and in connection with, any such presentation which, in the sole discretion of the Station, may be via a media event or in person or in some other manner. Any failure by a Prize winner to cooperate with, or to follow all directions and instructions of the Station representative in respect of the presentation of a Prize or any part of the Prize will result in forfeiture of the Prize.
7. The Station will not engage in any communication or correspondence with any person other than a potential Prize winner.
8. The Station has no responsibility for any delays or failures of communication due to transmission, telephone service/receiver/or line or cellular system delays or failures, computer or server failures, busy signals, traffic congestion on the Station's or on any eligible person's telephone line(s) or cellular network(s), or for technical failures or defects or deficiencies of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any telephone, telephone facility or line(s) or cellular network, whether originating with the eligible person or his/her equipment or with the Station.
9. The Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to declare ineligible any person and/or to cancel or modify the Contest (without any notice to any person) if, in the Station's sole opinion, for any reason (including, without limitation, misinformation or other falsification by an eligible person), the Contest cannot be held as originally planned, due to fraud, technical failures, human or other errors, or any other causes or occurrences that have compromised the administration, safety, fairness or integrity of the Contest. Any person entering the Contest, or trying to do so, by any means which would or could corrupt the fair and honest conduct or operation of the Contest or would or could affect the chances of the any other person to enter or win a Prize in the Contest, whether by mass or substitute entries or otherwise, will be disqualified, and in any such case the Station reserves the right to seek recourse and damages at its discretion and to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.