Celebrate Canada Day
various locations in Kelowna
Sunday, July 01, 2012
"Celebrate Canada Day - Kelowna" is an annual, free community festival held in Prospera Place and Waterfront Park for residents and visitors to celebrate our nation's birthday. There are over 50+ activities and performances that are multi-generational and family-friendly, sure to entertain festival goers all day long!
Prospera Place will feature
- Official Celebrate Canada Day Opening Ceremonies (cake service approx 1:30 pm)
- 39th Annual Kelowna Folkfest Celebrations
- 18th Annual "Kelowna POPS Orchestra Canada Day Spectacular"
Waterfront Park will feature the 15th annual "Celebrate Canada Day-Kelowna" event including:
- Taste of Canada - a food fair featuring over 18 different vendors
- Made in Canada Marketplace - an artisan showcase of handmade, Canadian arts and crafts
- Canada Day Bazaar - a marketplace of unique items by local small businesses
- Community Groups Display - information displays by local community associations
- Musical performances including the Youth Stage presented by 99.9 SUN FM at Jim Stuart Park, 7:30 pm - 10:30 pm
- Evening Fireworks Display - Simulcast on 99.9 Sun FM - bring your radio and tune in! 10:30 pm
Although admission to the festival is free, donations are greatly appreciated and help support the costs of this celebration. Volunteers with donation bins will be located at the entrances to Waterfront Park and at the entertainment stages.
Your donations help keep the Canada Day Celebrations free and accessible to all.
Visit www.festivalskelowna.com for more information and schedule of events!